Health officials say 29 Minnesotans recently suffered from norovirus after eating oysters at a restaurant, CBS Minnesota reports.
They fell ill after eating the raw oysters at Travail Kitchen in Robbinsdale on March 20. Officials say that the restaurant informed public health officials and stopped selling oysters since then.
The Stellar Bay Gold oysters had originated from Deep Bay 14-8 in British Columbia, and were harvested on March 10. The public health authorities encourage people to inspect shellstock tags, and throw out oysters that were harvested from this harvest.
Norovirus symptoms can include vomiting, nausea and diarrhea. According to Minnesota Department of Health, there’s high norovirus activity and many cases can be attributed to oysters.
“People with norovirus can spread it to others even after symptoms stop,” said MDH Epidemiologist Supervisor Senior Carlota Medus. Health experts recommend that you wash your hands before using the toilet and when you prepare food.
Thanks for reading CBS NEWS.
to access more features.